Vicks Vaporub is safe for mums-to-be and helps relieve the symptoms of a blocked nose, sore throat and cough. It is available as an ointment for rubbing on the chest, throat or back, and can also be added to hot water and the vapours inhaled.
Can I put Vicks VapoRub on my chest while pregnant?
Expectorants like Mucinex, cough suppressants like Robitussin, vapor rubs like Vicks VapoRub, and cough drops are all considered safe during pregnancy.
Is it safe to use menthol rub while pregnant?
If you are pregnant or may be pregnant. Do not take methyl salicylate and menthol cream and ointment if you are in the third trimester of pregnancy. You may also need to avoid methyl salicylate and menthol cream and ointment at other times during pregnancy.
What can a pregnant woman take for a cold?
Safe OTC Cold and Flu Treatment to Use During Pregnancy
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Saline nasal drops or spray.
- Tylenol Sinus.
- Tylenol Cold and Flu.
- Warm salt/water gargle.
What helps a cough while pregnant?
- To help eliminate secretions, drink plenty of water.
- Dextromethorphan syrup (e.g. Benylin DM) can be used to relieve a dry cough.
- Most cough drops (e.g. Halls) are safe in pregnancy.
- Consult your family doctor if: Your cough persists beyond seven (7) days. …
- Avoid preparations containing pseudoephedrine.
How do you get rid of a chest infection when pregnant?
Most treatments for viral pneumonia are considered safe to use during pregnancy, and catching pneumonia at an early stage means anti-viral medication will usually eliminate the illness. A doctor may also recommend respiratory therapy. If a person has bacterial pneumonia, a doctor may prescribe antibiotics.
Is coughing bad during pregnancy?
Coughing during pregnancy doesn’t harm the baby, as it isn’t a dangerous symptom and the baby doesn’t feel it. However, some causes of coughing can harm the baby, such as illnesses like asthma, bronchitis, or pneumonia.
What can a 8 month pregnant woman take for a cold?
Plain saline drops and sprays are always safe to take when you’re expecting and can help clear and moisturize a stuffy nose. Some antihistamines: Benadryl and Claritin often get the green light during pregnancy, but be sure to check with your practitioner before taking them.
How do I get rid of mucus in my chest while pregnant?
What You Can Do at Home
- Drink lots of fluids. Drink plenty of water and other fluids, but not things that can dehydrate you, such as coffee and alcohol.
- Humidify. Try a cool mist humidifier or hop into a steamy shower to keep your airways moisturized.
- Don’t smoke or vape anything. …
- Try a teaspoon of honey.